Monday, May 31, 2010

Yet Another Cooking FAIL!

Can you guess what this is???


Well, I'll tell you. A couple weeks ago Nic and I went to eat at Tiff and David's for dinner. I offered to bring dessert. Dinner was wonderful! We had Tacos, which are always a hit. Then it was my turn. I decided we would have Fruity Pebbles Treats! They are SOO good, and easy to make (supposedly). So we start with three simple indgredients:
-Butter
-Marshmallows
-Fruity Pebbles
After melting all the butter and marshmallows, I put in eight and a half cups of Fruity Pebbles, and it did not look right at all. After asking for some assisstance, Tiff came to the rescue!!! She did a quick run through of the directions, and found a critical error. The recipe called for eight HALF CUPS, not eight and a half cups. So really it called for four cups of fruity pebbles.... WHAT? Luckily I had an extra bag of marshmallows, and poured pretty much the whole bag in to try and salvage our dessert. It ended up as a multicolored blob which looked a lot like vomit.....BUT still tasted great!
The moral of this story is to follow the directions, even if they are a little ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren! I found you blog! What a funny cooking story...sounds like something I would do! They look yummy, though, and I always tell the girls it doesn't matter what it looks like going down if it tastes good---it'll look a whole lot worse once it gets to the stomach anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete